8 States

Nepal parties resolve disputes over constitution after quake
"The government will set up a federal commission to fix internal boundaries of the states," four major political parties including the Maoists said in a statement...... The names of the states would be decided by a two-third majority of their respective assemblies, which would be elected after the constitution is prepared .... dozens of small parties rejected the deal saying boundaries and names of the states were too important to be left undecided. "This is a blow to federalism," said Hridayesh Tripathi, of the Tarai Madhes Loktantrik Party ..... the agreement would be presented to a special Constituent Assembly which will include the agreed provisions in the draft of the new charter set to be promulgated by next month. ..... Prime Minister Sushil Koirala will resign after the new constitution comes into effect in July and the centre-left UML party, second biggest group in the ruling coalition, is expected to take power as agreed with Koirala last year.
Nepal's major parties agree to adopt federal system
the four major parties -- the Nepali Congress, Communist Party of Nepal (Unified Marxist-Leninist), United Communist Party of Nepal (Maoist) and the Terai-based Madhesi Front -- also decided to give the authority to decide the geographical boundaries of the proposed provinces to the Federal Commission ..... They also agreed to adopt a mixed electoral system, under which 60 per cent of lawmakers would be directly elected through first-past-the-post system and remaining 40 per cent would be elected under the proportional electoral system.
Nepal parties reach agreement on new Constitution


Popular posts from this blog

फोरम र राजपा बीच एकीकरण: किन र कसरी?

नेपालभित्र समानता को संभावना देखिएन, मधेस अलग देश बन्छ अब

फोरम, राजपा र स्वराजी को एकीकरण मैं छ मधेसको उद्धार