Sunday, July 17, 2005

Adding Video Clips To This Blog


Nepal Movement For Democracy: Message To The Democrats: Video Clips
  • Part 1
  • Part 2: Monsoon is time for homework ... The 1990 constitution is dead.
  • Part 3: A king who might ruthlessly suppress the movement will have to seen an exit.
  • Part 4: Logistical support to the movement in Nepal from the west. There should be a democratic government in power by 2006.
  • Part 5: The Maoists have to disarm before the country goes to a Constituent Assembly.
  • Part 6: Democracy, for the very first time.
  • Part 7: This movement is also to establish democracy inside political parties, also a movement against corruption, also a movement for federalism.
  • Part 8: Make it fun. From NYC to Nepal.
  • Part 9: It took the seven parties months after 2/1 to come up with a common minimum program. That is a travesty.
  • Part 10: I have no plans to go to Delhi or Kathmandu. I can be very fully involved from this end. This is the globalization and the internet era, that's why.
  • Part 11: The democrats need to snatch away the initiative from the Maoists and the Monarchists. Got to become proactive, not stay reactive.
  • Part 12: I have proposed a new constitution that can be found at my blog. I have not yet seen a better meeting ground for the three warring factions in the country. My document can be a great starting point for dialogue among the three.
  • Part 13: The real sexy stuff: the race for rapid economic growth after democracy.
  • Part 14: I have never been more politically involved before.
  • Part 15: The king is an obstacle to the democrat Bahuns, those Bahuns are an obstacle to the DaMaJaMa.
  • Part 16: (Hindi and Maithili) What can the Madhesis do for Madhesi rights?
  • Part 17: (Maithili) Madhesi hum lenge sau mein pachas.
  • Part 18: (Maithili) The Sadbhavana is a litmust test for the Madhesis who have made it.
  • Part 19: (Maithili) At the global level, even the king is a "Madhesi," politically speaking.
  • Part 20: (Maithili) India shold work to abolish the veto at the UN.
  • Part 21: My personal story.
  • Part 22: I do not see myself a political person. My primary interests are elsewhere.
I started with text, and links and quotes, with options for comments by readers.

Then I added a few audio files.

Between yesterday and today, I added a bunch of photos. Pretty much every blog entry here now has a photo to it, sometimes more than one.

And now I am adding video clips.

Earlier today I also added a RSS feed option. I am trying to get INSN, Samudaya and United We Blog to put those feeds onto their sites. Perhaps other bloggers too.

Yesterday I got an offer from Kantipur to write a weekly or bi-monthly column for them. I gave a go ahead for the bi-monthly idea. As the movement gets along, I have been looking for ways to reach the audience inside of Nepal, the offline audience, the audience that does not speak or read or access stuff in English.

And of course, there is Loktantra, the Delhi magazine. It is an honor to be able to write for it, because that magazine is totally to do with the movement.

This blog is fast emerging a mini multi media house in its own right. I am so glad for it.

In The News

No comments: