Wednesday, April 18, 2012

What's Most Disappointing


The number one thing I have pushed for in Nepal's new constitution is turning Nepal into a democracy of state funded parties. Do that and there will be no need for the "revolution" the hardliner Maoists still dream about.

Of all parties I thought the Maoists might bite the idea. But they haven't. And for the longest time I thought it is because the Maoists have too much money. But now when there is a de facto ideological vertical split in the Maoist party I no longer think that is the reason.

Not going for that goal I attribute to the inferiority complex of the Nepali politicians, Maoists as well everyone else. Someone else somewhere else has to have thought of a political idea before a Nepali politician will adopt it.

Turning Nepal into a multi party democracy of state funded parties would be a fusion of the two competing ideologies of the past century. But not even the Maoists are going for it.

I get the impression the Maoists are settling for a republic. Getting rid of the monarchy was a big enough achievement for them. Classlessness is not a goal no more.

It amazes me.

6 States: Possible
A Non Territorial State For Dalits: Great Idea
Proposed Constitution
Mantra: Economic Revolution
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: